For my podcast I chose to do a review of iambic pentameter. I simply reviewed points that would have already been discussed in class and read the first sentence of William Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?," which is an example of iambic pentameter. I then wrote my own sentence of iambic pentameter- With you I walk from dawn to dusk and back- and asked students to write their own and share via podcast.
Assigning students to complete a podcast allows the teacher to hear each of their voices (including the quiet ones that hesitate to speak in class). I also think students can benefit from listening to their teacher do a podcast, especially individualized ones- for example, a teacher reading a student their essay to them and making verbal comments throughout. I think using a podcast is extremely effective not only because
they are easy to make and take very little time, but also because they
extend learning beyond the forty-five minutes allotted to class time
during the day.
Below is my podcast:
Your podcast lesson actually taught me how to make an iambic pentameter! I agree that using podcast will extend learning beyond 45min. I think that we can make it fun and at the same time teach our students beyond the walls of school
ReplyDelete