Tuesday, January 22, 2013

About Me

Greetings! My name is Jacob Burlas and I am an English Education major with a minor in Musical Theatre. I attend Montclair State University (MSU) and am currently a senior.  
 
When I first began attending MSU I was a declared Musical Theatre major, but teaching had always been on the back of my mind.  When I was two years old, I not only performed a one-man Wizard of Oz in the living room for my family, but I also taught my stuffed animals and younger sister the alphabet, or what I thought was the alphabet at the time.  At the end of my sophomore year I recognized that the pursuit of Broadway was leaving me academically unfulfilled and decided to declare a major in English.  I then applied to the Teacher Education program and, well, here I am! 

Majoring in English, I enjoy both reading and writing. Two of my favorite novels are The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I enjoy writing poetry, which is guaranteed to be filled with rhymes, and fiction of all genres. I aspire to be the next Theodor Seuss Geisel, or Dr. Seuss, but I have a lot of work to do on my illustrating skills first.   

In the future I hope to publish a novel and establish my own professional children's theater company. I am a confessed technological "dummy" (couldn't even make the font of this post match) and look forward to utilizing this blog as a forum to share my experiences learning about the integration of technology into the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. We know each other from other classes but I never knew that you are interested in developing your own Children's theater company! We should talk about that sometime, since I have a similar interest.

    This post reminded me that I have been meaning to read The Fault in Our Stars. Everyone I know that has read it absolutely loves it, and I feel like I am out of the loop.

    I am also a self-proclaimed technological "dummy" so hopefully we will be able to help and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete